Thursday, March 06, 2008

Finally lost that first tooth...




It seemed like forever! I was beginning to think Isaac was going to have his baby teeth when he graduated from high school! One of his bottom front teeth as been loose since before Christmas and then the other front bottom one kicked in. But they were not about to come out on their own. His permanent teeth had already started to come in behind them. We had his 6 month dental check up and the doc said not to worry they'll come out. Two weeks later I was back in there for a filling and I said can we just extract them? (a much longer story goes along with this, but I won't bore you with it) He said of course, I was never against extracting them to begin with, he just didn't want his to have a bad dental experience. So I made the appointment for 2 weeks from then. On the Saturday before his extraction appointment, we made a quick run to the grocery and Isaac asked if he could push the cart. Well, that was a disaster. He was all over the aisles. People were having to move out of his way, etc...So I told him to stay directly behind me to not come around me, etc. He did as I asked, but wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and he ran into the back of the heal of my shoe which in turn, caused him to hit his mouth on the handle of the cart. He was devastated! Crushed even! His lip was blooding his teeth were bloody! I couldn't get out of the store quick enough! Well, to make a long store shorter, that little trip to the grocery saved us about $200 on dental work! Doug was able to pull them both out with out too much effort! Maybe a little, but not too bad. Did you know that the Tooth Fairy leaves receipts now? It's kinda of cool! He got $2 for this first tooth and $1 for his second one. He is saving his money for a new Wii! He's got a long way to go! But he's saving it! :)

No comments: